← Back to Guam BGTours News Blog
Guam Videos – Best Videos About The Greatest Little Island in the Pacific
March 14, 2019
There’s a new Guam Travel Guide out from Places to See – really just a 1 minute collection of still images of Guam’s most scenic spots. But we thought it a good excuse to review some of our favorite Guam videos on YouTube.
- Welcome to Guam (6:45)
- Guam (America’s Forgotten Colonies, Part 2/3) (21:59)
- Explores the history, the legend of the two lovers, taotaomo’na spirits, the Chamorro people, Fr Duenas, Shoichi Yokoi and more.
- A Weekend In Guam (5:30)
- From 2 Girls and a What? At 3:40 they go to Beach Bar! (Although, we have to say, no-one needs to put on that much makeup to go to Beach Bar.)
- Guam: Why America’s Most Isolated Territory Exists (11:10)
- We love Wendover Productions’ videos and are so pleased they made one about Guam!
- Also watch the companion piece, Traveling to the US’ Most Isolated Territory (6:43), all about getting to and filming in Guam.
- PCS Guide To Guam!! (12:12)
- (For those not in the military, PCS = Permanent Change of Station.) The opposite of most Guam videos, this one features two people sitting, indoors, talking & giving advice about living on Guam.
The Darker Side:
- Untold America did a 4-part series, mostly about Chamorro people’s status as US citizens & their fight for equality.
- BG Tours does not necessarily endorse any of the political views discussed, but we did enjoy Episode 3; Why SPAM Is So Popular In Guam (7:50), which documents the movement toward more local food.
- 2 Million Snakes Have Taken Over The Island Of Guam (HBO) (5:16)
- A bit of sensationalist hype, in our opinion.
- Just ask the woman in PCSing Questions About Guam!!! (12:08), where at 6:25 she states she’s been living in Guam for over a year and has seen exactly one snake, while on a hike in the jungle.